IT - Permanent
£23,000 base + Company Car, laptop, phone and great benefits
Field Service and 2nd Line Support Engineer
Job Title: Field Service and 2nd Line Support Engineer
Location: Brighouse, West Yorkshire (base)
Package: Salary – circa £23,000 base + Company Car, laptop, phone and great benefits
Nexus People, part of the Russell Taylor Group of companies are currently recruiting a talented and experienced 2nd Line Support Engineer who is ambitious and eager to influence and shape the growth of the business’s future.
The successful candidate will operate at a Field Service and 2nd line level to provide effective IT assistance for the provision of support services, software and administration across all aspects of the business, based at our Head Office in Brighouse, supporting our branch network and on-site operations both remotely and in the field. You will provide support and assistance directly to IT management as well as to colleagues and clients. The position involves primarily working in IT service delivery and will be generally based at our headquarters. However, some visits to other sites may also be required where necessary (through out the UK).
From a technical perspective, the role will be responsible for maintaining and supporting hardware, software and infrastructure within, or on behalf of the business. Therefore, adequate technical skills are required around supporting others with specific software, desktop support, networking infrastructure plus general maintenance of all IT-related hardware and software. The position provides exposure to a broad range of IT-related projects and activities. Often there will be the opportunity to work on new IT projects as directed by the Director of IT.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- 2nd line technical support for internal and external customers, IT services and infrastructure under the supervision of the IT Support Team Leader
- Resolving incidents, queries and diagnosing faults or problems within a timely manner
- Respond to user queries and ensure responses by the team are timely and accurate (in accordance with SLA targets) via phone, help desk and remote sessions
- Provide notice of service affecting issues and relevant reasons why service levels may not be attainable
- Taking ownership and responsibility for individual Help Desk ticket resolutions
- Escalation of irresolvable or critical issues appropriately and with urgency
- Work independently as necessary on client sites
- Acting as a Systems Field Support Engineer for internal and external customers, IT services and infrastructure under the supervision of the IT Support Team Leader
- Installing and configuring new network installations as well as maintaining current site and branch infrastructure
- Maintaining documentation, network configuration and topology schematics for sites and branches
- Liaising with clients and colleagues in order to ensure effective scheduling and implementation of site network maintenance and configuration plans via phone, help desk and remote sessions
Key Skills /Requirements:
- 2+ years of working in a field support role
- Maintenance and administration of Windows and Windows Server via Active Directory, Group Policy, DHCP, DNS, etc.
- Previous experience of maintaining Microsoft Exchange server
- Working knowledge of OS installation with initial setup and configuration
- Excellent networking knowledge and experience of TCP/IP, LANs/WANs, VLANs, VPNs, NAT, etc.Knowledge of SME infrastructure hardware such as routers, switches, wireless APs, etc.
- Knowledge of SIP and VOIP technologies
- Experience with physical layer technologies; network cabling (cat5/6), patching, socket installations, etc.
- Good working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs at A*-C or above
- A-Levels or equivalent are advantageous along with any vocational qualifications such as MCSE, CCNA, etc.
- You must possess a valid driving licence
Please forward your CV today.