Manufacturing - Temporary
£7.8 per hour
General Foundry Operative
Job Title: Temporary Foundry General Operative
Working Hours: 39 hours, Monday – Friday between 7am and 5pm
Our client has been in operation since 1907 and is a well-equipped manufacturing resource situated in Brighouse, West Yorkshire, on a site that has a rich history of casting. Producing Grey Iron, Aluminium and Alloy Castings with facilities that cater for the high standards demanded by today’s industries, our client has the capability to satisfy the requirements of both the small business and multi-national organisation.
Essential for the role:
- Live locally;
- Experience in a similar role with cast iron and/or steel;
- Ability to work a very manual role;
- Great attention to detail;
- Able to work on your own initiative;
- A steadfast approach to work.
- Grinding surplus metal off castings with abrasive wheels;
- Preparing, cleansing, deburring, grinding and surface finishing parts to customer specifications;
- Providing rectification work as appropriate following machining mismatches to engineering drawings;
- Fettling welded components to remove weld splatter;
- Clean and tidy all weld seams ready for painting.